Sunday, July 29, 2012

Haha Look at the Mentally Ill Man! LOL!1one

I love to walk. And Philadelphia is a great city to walk in. It's efficient grid-pattern satisfies some long-lost Teutonic need for order that lives deep down inside my genome. When it comes to walkin' depending on my mood I'll either go for a relaxing stroll through Forbidden Drive or perhaps a more interesting walk in Center City. I don't follow the rule about not taking pictures or looking up lest someone look at me as an easy target (go the fuck ahead, I've survived the Rome metro motherfucker). So I tend to wander about, taking my time, and I people watch a lot.


Everyone here will have someone else's wallet when they get off.

And what I've watched is a fucked up attitude Philadelphians have towards people in need. Now, most Philadelphians are decent folk and are willing to help out a person in need. Somehow this completely disappears once you go south of Vine or north of South. Once you cross the limes, you're on your own buddy. Standing outside of City Hall MFL stop was a dude in his underwear. At first I though perhaps this gentleman was sagging, as the youths call it, but alas, his pants were no where to be seen.

At first I wanted to laugh, but then I saw the confusion in his eyes. Something was wrong, people were laughing at him, and he looked lost.

What did I do? Nothing. I kept walking. Not because I didn't care, but because I know that no authority would have cared. There was a cop 15 feet from him, directing traffic. Between the Black Hebrew Thessalonian Monastic Philistine Israelites and the incense burning dudes he didn't give a shit.

No one did. People were laughing in that horrible schadenfreude tone. If you've ever seen someone getting beat up in North Philly and heard laughter from the spectators, you'll know exactly what I mean. It was fucked up. Welcome back to Philly Mr. Skeptidelphian! Here's what you missed!

I don't have anything else to say, other that I'll try to write more than 3 posts in one year.

1 comment:

Anything blatantly libelous will be terminated. Anything blatantly law breaking will be reported to Homeland Security and terminated with extreme prejudice.